- 6 ounce top sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 pieces of applewood smoked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and put the rack in the middle position. Generously sprinkle the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe saute pan over medium-high heat. Wrap the steak in the bacon and fasten with a toothpick and place them on their side to let the bacon cook about 1 minute a side.
- Then place flat to allow a rich brown crust on the first side, 3-4 minutes. Turn then and brown 2 minutes on the other side.
- Put the pan in the oven and roast the steaks until they reach an internal temperature of 130ºF for rare, 5-8 minutes. Remove the steaks to a plate and let them rest, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
Check out my prior posts for instruction for smashed sweet potatoes and sauteed spinach.