Coconut Curry and Cheddar Biscuit Chicken Pot Pies
- 1 can of honey butter biscuits
- 1 box of cheddar biscuit mix
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 ears of corn
- 2 cups of aged cheddar
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roll out the honey butter biscuits and prepare the cheddar biscuit mix.
- Place roll out and place half miniature pot pie pans.
- Place them in over 8 minutes then take them out to cool.
- For the chicken in a cast iron pan put a patch of butter, salt, and pepper on each side of the chicken breast.
- Once the pan is hot, sear on each side for 2-3 minutes, then allow to rest for about 5 minutes before dicing.
- Create a roux first by adding 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup of coconut flour. Stir together to combine, make sure you don’t burn.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to make smooth.
- Then add diced vegetables and corn kernels. Stir and add more cup of chicken stock. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 tbsp of curry season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add diced chicken and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add about one scoop to each miniature pot pie bowl. Top with the other half of the biscuit mix. Brush with some melted butter.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Take them out, let them cool, enjoy!